Event Registration - NAMB
2019 NAMB Legislative and Regulatory Conference5/4/2019 - 5/7/2019
Join us in DC at the 2019 NAMB Legislative and Regulatory Conference
May 4 - 7, 2019, The Liaison Capitol Hill, Washington, DC
D.C. insiders, food-and-winers, and sophisticated overnighters praise the Liaison Capitol Hill's stylish rooms, modern décor, and proximity to the city’s historic landmarks and attractions such as Capitol Hill, Union Station, the National Mall, and Smithsonian museums. With a playful, D.C.-inspired lobby art collection, contemporary comfort, the city’s largest rooftop pool, and the award-winning restaurant Art and Soul, this pet-friendly boutique hotel is a welcome gathering place for neighborhood residents, Capitol Hill professionals and travelers.
Cost for this event is $299 per person.
This members-only event features:
Saturday, May 4, 2019
- 8:00am - 5:00pm (The Hill): Nominating Committee Meeting
- 10:00am - 11:30am (Connect): Finance Committee Meeting
- 10:00am - 11:30am (Hub/Grid): NAMB FHA Committee (Chair: John Porter, Email - email@example.com) - The FHA Committee reviews the policies, underwriting guidelines and activities of the Federal Housing Administration and the Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- 11:30am - 6:00pm (Pre-Function Area): Registration
- 12:00pm - 1:30pm (Connect): NAMB Membership Committee Meeting (Chair Kimber White, CRMS, Email - firstname.lastname@example.org). The Membership Committee responsibilities shall include the implementation of an annual membership promotion campaign.
- 12:00pm - 1:30pm (Hub/Grid): NAMB VA Committee (Chair: Ken Bates, email@example.com) The Veterans Affairs Committee reviews the policies, underwriting guidelines and activities of the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- 2:00pm - 3:30pm (Hub/Grid): Government Affairs Committee Meeting
- 5:00pm - 8:00pm (Pre-Function Area): Kentucky Derby Party with NAMB! (Derby attire encouraged!)
Sunday, May 5, 2019:
- 8:30am - 10:45am (The Hill): NAMB Plus Meeting (Closed)
- 11:00am - 2:45pm (Hub/Grid): NAMB Board of Directors Meeting
- 12:00pm - 6:00pm (Pre-Function Area): Registration
- 3:00pm - 5:00pm (Metropolitan): Delegate Council and State Leadership Meeting - (Chair: Rocke Andrews, CMC, CRMS, firstname.lastname@example.org) Delegate Council, chaired by the President-Elect, is the body responsible for representing and being a forum for expressing and realizing regional interests and concerns.
- 5:00pm - 7:00pm (Metropolitan East/West): PAC Fundraising Reception
Monday, May 6, 2019:
All Speakers time slots subject to change pending confirmation
- 7:00 AM - 6:00 PM (Pre-Function Area): Registration
- 7:30 AM - 8:30 AM (Metropolitan): Breakfast
- 8:30 AM - 8:45 AM (Metropolitan): Opening Remarks - President Rick Bettencourt, CRMS
- 8:45 AM – 9:30 AM (Metropolitan): VA Update - John Bell III, Deputy Director of Veterans Administration
- 9:30 AM - 10:00 AM (Metropolitan): CFPB Director Kathy Kraninger (invited): Listen first hand how regulatory changes and solid guidance will help the consumer and compliance by industry
- 10:00 AM – 10:45 AM (Metropolitan): Freddie Mac – Update on new housing programs from the leader in mortgage market innovation
- 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM (Metropolitan): NMLS Update on Transitional Licensing – Listen to how you can operate easily in multiple states starting in late 2019
- 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM (Metropolitan): HUD Secretary Ben Carson (invited)
- 1:00 PM to 1:30 PM: Break
- 1:30 PM - 2:45 PM (Metropolitan): Wholesale Roundtable Discussion: State of the industry. Quicken Loans and Freedom Mortgage. Hear a lively discussion on trends impacting the wholesale channel featuring David Schroeder, Senior Vice President, Mortgage Services, Quicken Loans Mortgage Services and Keith G. Bilodeau, Senior Vice President, Freedom Mortgage Corporation. What is price compression and is it a broker problem? Will transitional licensing increase retail vs. wholesale competition? What technology developments are around the corner that will increase broker productivity?
- 2:45 PM – 3:00 PM: Break
- 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM (Metropolitan): Advocacy Day Preparation Receive Advocacy Training, Issue Papers, Targeted Committees, and Insider Tips - Marty Pfeiffenberger NAMB Government Affairs Chair and Roy DeLoach, DC Strategies LLC , Washington, DC
- 4:15 PM – 5:00 PM (Metropolitan): Congressman Wm. Lacy Clay (D-MO) - Congressman Clay, is currently serving his 10th term and was first elected to the U. S. House in 2000 after serving 17-years in both chambers of the Missouri State legislature. He currently serves as the Chairman of the House Financial Services Subcommittee on Housing, Community Development & Insurance.
- 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM (Metropolitan): Happy Hour featuring Open Bar and Light hors d'oeuvres Originators on recent CFPB activity.
- 6:00 PM: Dinner on your own
Tuesday, May 7, 2019:
- 8:00am - 9:00am (Grid/Hill): Lobby Day Breakfast with NAMB
- 9:00am - 4:00pm: Lobby with Your State on Capitol Hill
- 4:30pm - 6:00pm (Grid/Hill): Lobby Day Breakdown Reception
Space is limited for this members-only event so, register today!
Location: The Liaison Capitol Hill, 415 New Jersey Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20001